The Directors and Management of Poseidon Marine Supplies Ltd are fully committed to the protection of the environment, prevention of pollution, compliance with current environmental legislation and fulfilment of our compliance obligations. The scope and context of this policy covers all PMS operations and business support functions whether office, site or home based.
The context of our policy includes our environmental obligations to Employees, Shareholders, Customers, Suppliers, Contractors, Landlord, Neighbours, Environmental Groups, Environment Agency and Local Council.
The Environmental Management System (EMS) operated within PMS is designed to comply with the requirements of ISO 14001:2015. This policy will be reviewed annually and will be made available to all Interested Parties.
Our key commitments are to:
- Ensure that good environmental management is an integral part of our business culture by communicating the EMS policy to all employees.
- Strive to ensure that all employees, agency staff, contractors, customers and members of the public are aware of the environmental impacts of our business and understand how we can work together in order to meet the needs of our business in a safe and sustainable manner. In this regard we seek to provide leadership towards continual improvement.
- Report and audit our environmental performance as a means to improve accountability and to drive continual improvement of our EMS.
- Ensure that employees and other stakeholders are made aware of their individual responsibilities contained within our EMS by effective communication.
- Ensure that the relevant needs and expectations of Interested Parties are considered and met if deemed to be compliance obligations.
- Plan to achieve our environmental objectives:
- To reduce energy and resource consumption
- To minimise the amount of waste generated
- To reduce emissions to air
- To prevent pollution
- To re-use and recycle where possible
- Maintain a high level of awareness of sustainability issues amongst our employees and integrate environmental management into training.
- Meet or exceed all relevant Greek, European and International legislative and regulatory requirements and agreements.
- Ensure that goods and services are procured in a sustainable manner and encourage our suppliers and contractors to improve their own environmental performance.
HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
Poseidon Marine Supplies Ltd recognises the fact that health and safety has positive benefits to the organisation and that commitment to a high level of safety makes good business sense. It also recognises that health and safety is a business function and must, therefore, continually progress and adapt to changes. The approach to health and safety will be based on the identification and control of risks and the Company will ensure that health and safety is fully integrated into the management and decision-making processes within the organisation and shall not compromise Health and Safety for other objectives.
All health and safety procedures offered to each Client shall be consistent, meet or exceed the Client’s requirements as specified and conform to the Client’s contractual requirements and those of all applicable regulatory or statutory authorities.
In order to ensure this, and to demonstrate the Company’s commitment, the Company has a fully documented Integrated Management System, the health and safety section of which is certified to OHSAS 18001, including documented procedures, standard forms, risk assessments, method statements and tool box talks.
The Company’s health and safety system is maintained by a fully qualified, fulltime in-house Group Health & Safety Advisor who has the authority and scope within the organisation to initiate corrective actions where problems are identified and who reports directly to a Board Director. Responsibility for resolution of problems is at Board level.
The Company recognises that safety is the responsibility of everyone within the organisation and is not just a function of management. Managers have specific duties and responsibilities to comply with the letter and spirit of Company policy.
Employees have specific responsibilities to take reasonable care of themselves and others who could be affected by their activities and to co-operate with management in achieving the standards required. The Company ensures that health and safety management is an integral part of the manager’s function and monitors their performance along with their other duties. To ensure staff commitment to the system, the Company endeavours to foster a culture of opportunity rather than blame and actively seeks suggestions for improvement.
Through the IMS, the Company seeks continual improvement in areas such as prevention of accidents, employee welfare, customer satisfaction, cost reduction and increased efficiency via internal audits, corrective and preventive actions, ongoing training and promotion of cultural safety.
The Company is also committed to providing adequate resources (finance, training, equipment and documentation) for the efficient execution of the Company’s Health & Safety Procedures and maintains a high level of internal and external communication.
Regular audits and the periodic reviews by management constantly monitor the health and safety system (including this Policy Statement) to ensure its continued suitability.
The primary objective of Poseidon Marine Suppliers Ltd is to provide all its local and international clients, with services of consistent quality that systematically meet their needs and requirements. Also, to strive for continuous improvement of service offering, in order to maximize benefit to and satisfaction of clients.For the achievement of this objective, the company’s management is committed to:
- Continuous qualitative improvement of operating systems, processes, procedures and means employed.
- Firm monitoring and control of processes and services offered, as means of ensuring the achievement of quality objectives set and the strict observance of this Quality Policy.
- Systematic monitoring and early identification of clients’ changing needs and requirements, as well as monitoring the performance of competitors.
- Appointment of experienced and capable personnel for the performance of works affecting the quality of service offering.
- Application of necessary corrective and or preventive actions, to ensure the Company’s effective operation of the ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System. Based on the experience, capability and dedication of all members of personnel, the management of Poseidon Marine Suppliers Ltd is confident that the company will:
- systematically deliver services which meet the needs and wants of each and every client, both, presently and in future years
- through continuous improvement, manage to retain its leading position in the field of international.