This Privacy Notice governs the collection and use of personal information by Poseidon Marine Supplies. For more information about us, please see: https://www.poseidonms.com/.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring the highest level of security for your personal information. This Privacy Notice explains the types of personal information we collect; how we use that information; who we share it with; how we protect that information; and your legal rights. We are committed to abiding by this Privacy Notice, as well as the requirements of applicable laws, in the operation of our business.
Please read the following carefully as it explains our views and practices regarding your personal information, and how it is handled.
For the purpose of applicable data protection laws, the data controller is Poseidon Marine Supplies of 6-8 Almiridos Str., 185 40 Piraeus, Greece.
Information covered by this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice covers all personal information collected and used by us. In this Privacy Notice, “personal data” or “personal information” means information that (either in isolation or in combination with other information held by us) enables you to be identified as an individual or recognized directly or indirectly.
This may include your name, company name, postal address, email address, phone number, company or where you are based, details of the preferences you express to us, your comments and questions, and technical information from the devices you use to access our website.
Information you provide to us
We may collect personal information (such as your name, postal and email address, telephone and fax number, company) from you when you:
- submit any information through this website;
- opt in to receive marketing material from us, including through one of our third party partners;
- communicate with us via third-party social media websites;
- register on our training academy;
- register on our certificate portal;
- or contact us, correspond with us, or otherwise provide information to us.
In some cases, you may provide personal information to us about another person. In such cases, you confirm that you have the authorization of such persons to provide us with this information.
Website usage information and other information collected automatically
How we use personal information
We use the personal information we collect from and about you to provide you with information about our products and services. We will need to use your personal information (such as your email address or other contact details) to send you information about our products and services you might be interested in or contact you to appoint a day and time for your training session, or register you for access to our certificate portal and generate automated notification for your certificates due dates.
With whom do we share personal information
Your personal information is intended for Poseidon Marine Supplies, and may be shared with third parties in certain circumstances.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners, or affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy notices and that we have no control over how they may use your personal information. You should check the privacy notices of third party websites before you submit any personal information to them.
We may share your personal information with the following third party organisations:
- Poseidon Marine Supplies’ group of companies. We may share your personal information among our group of companies, including our subsidiaries, in order to administer our services and products, provide you with customer support, understand your preferences, send you information about products and services that may be of interest to you, and conduct the other activities described in this Privacy Notice.
- External Auditors.
- Our service providers. We use other companies or contractors (“Service Providers”) to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of services and products to you. We may share personal information with the following categories of Service Providers:
- Infrastructure and IT service providers
- Marketing, advertising and communications agencies
In the course of providing such services, these Service Providers may have access to your personal information. However, we will only provide our Service Providers with the information that is necessary for them to perform the services, and we ask them not to use your information for any other purpose. We will always use our best efforts to ensure that all the Service Providers we work with will keep your personal information secure.
- Your personal information will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
- Third parties permitted by law. In certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation (for example, we may be required to disclose personal information to the police, regulators, government agencies or to judicial or administrative authorities). We may also disclose your personal information to third parties where disclosure is both legally permissible and necessary to protect or defend our rights, matters of national security and/or law enforcement.
- Third parties connected with business transfers. We may transfer your personal information to third parties in connection with a reorganisation, restructuring, merger, acquisition or transfer of assets, provided that the receiving party agrees to treat your personal information in a manner consistent with this Privacy Notice.
Where we store your personal information
The personal information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA and who work for us or for one of our Service Providers.
By providing us with your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice and applicable data protection laws, including, where relevant, entering into EU standard contractual clauses (or equivalent measures) with the party outside the EEA receiving the personal information.
Your choices/your privacy rights
You have various rights in connection with our processing of your personal information, each of which is explained below. If you wish to exercise one or more of the below rights, please contact us with your request at email@example.com, and include your name, email and postal address, as well as your specific request and any other information we may need in order to provide or otherwise process your request.
- Access. You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we are processing about you, which we will provide back to you in electronic form. For your own privacy and security, in our discretion we may require you to prove your identity before providing the requested information.
- Rectification. You have the right to have incomplete or inaccurate personal information that we process about you rectified.
- Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete personal information that we process about you, except we are not obligated to do so if we need to retain such data in order to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- Restriction. You have the right to restrict our processing of your personal information where you believe such data to be inaccurate, our processing is unlawful or that we no longer need to process such data for a particular purpose, but where we are not able to delete the data due to a legal or other obligation or because you do not wish for us to delete it. In such case, we would mark stored personal information with the aim of limiting particular processing for particular purposes in accordance with your request, or otherwise restrict its processing.
- Portability. You have the right to obtain personal information we hold about you, in a structured, electronic format, and to transmit such data to another data controller, where this is (a) personal information which you have provided to us, and (b) if we are processing that data on the basis of your consent (such as for direct marketing communications) or to perform a contract with you (such as to manage your online account).
Objection. Where the legal justification for our processing of your personal information is our legitimate interest, you have the right to object to such processing on grounds relating to your particular situation. We will abide by your request unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests and rights, or if we need to continue to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim.
- Withdrawing Consent. If you have consented to our processing of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, free of charge. If you would like to withdraw consent, including if you would like to opt out of receiving marketing correspondence from us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or for marketing follow the unsubscribe instructions located in the email you have received. Please understand that if you opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with your online account, relationship, activities, transactions and communications with us. Additionally, if you do request that we stop sharing your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, it is also prudent you opt out from or contact that third party directly.
- Make a Complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the local data protection authority if you believe that we have not complied with applicable data protection laws.
For how long do we keep your personal information
We will only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which that data was collected and to the extent permitted by applicable laws. When we no longer need to use your information, we will remove it from our systems and records and / or take steps to promptly anonymise it so that you can no longer be identified from it (unless we need to keep your information to comply with legal or regulatory obligations to which we are subject).
We have implemented technical and organizational security measures in an effort to safeguard personal information in our custody and control. Such measures we have implemented include, limiting access to personal information only to employees and authorized Service Providers who need to know such information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice as well as other technical, administrative and physical safeguards.
While we endeavor to always protect our systems, sites, operations and information against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle and other risk factors, we cannot guarantee that any information, during transmission or while stored on our systems, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers.
To provide you with increased security, certain personal information stored in your online account is only accessible via your username and password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your online account credentials, and we strongly recommend that you do not disclose your online account username or password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication. Please notify us immediately (see Contact Us section below) of any unauthorized use of your online account credentials or any other suspected breach of security.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice is written in English and may be translated into other languages. In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the translated version of this notice, the English version shall prevail.
We reserve the right to change our Privacy Notice from time to time.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice and/or about the privacy policies and practices of our service providers, please contact us at email@example.com or in writing to Poseidon Marine Supplies, 6-8 Almiridos Str., 18540 Piraeus, Greece.