Advanced signal stability
Based on patented innovations, the Dräger PIR 7200 combines a maximum light collecting construction with a 4-beam signal stabilising system. The total optical system uses no light beam split, simply a set of various reflectors. This double-compensating optical system is very resistant towards known influences such as dust, fog or insects frequently found in the measuring cuvette or by dirt accumulation on the optical surfaces. Due to its non-imaging construction, the measuring signal is not affected by a partial beam block.
This innovative optical system ensures that the Dräger PIR 7200 fulfils the customer requirements in industrial applications of “no false alarms”, longer service intervals and a drift-free signal output.
To support this, the Dräger PIR 7200 offers a configurable response mode which allows the end user to choose between “normal” or “high speed” response subject to the application. Using the “high speed” option, and combining it with the lowest feasible alarm threshold, the Dräger PIR 7200 shortens the reaction time in case of an alarm. Leakages can be detected at the earliest stage of their existence.
Multiple configuration capabilities
Maximum reliability – SIL 2 certified
Furthermore, the excellent parameters as detailed in the SIL 2 (Safety Integrity Level) certificate, issued by the German TÜV, show that only 2 % from the entire SIL 2 budget is allocated to the field device, thus providing flexibility to choose control systems and actuators.
This is a new understanding of reliability – not only fulfilling but exceeding the SIL 2 requirements significantly.
Dräger PIR 7200 offers
- Linearised response characteristics for carbon dioxide
- Multiple configuration capabilities of all special signals (in accordance with NAMUR NE 43)
- Precise and stable measurement
- Fastest response of less than 1 second
- Beam block warning signal in the case of contaminated optics for predictive maintenance
- Long maintenance intervals
- Extended temperature range of up to +77 °C / + 170 °F
- Double-compensating and non-imaging optics (with 4-beam technology)
- Single cable multidrop capability using HART® communication
- Conventional 4 to 20 mA analogue signal output
- Hermetically sealed stainless steel 316L enclosure
- No moving parts
- Resistant towards shock and vibration up to 4 G
- Continuous self-testing in the context of the IEC/EN 61508 standard
- Developed and manufactured according to the SIL guidelines, SIL 2 certified by TÜV
- Ex approvals for worldwide application: ATEX, IECEx, UL, CSA
- Dust ex approval for zone 21 and 22
- Typical lifetime greater than 15 years