Dräger PIR 7000
Advanced signal stability
Based on patented innovations, the Dräger PIR 7000 combines a maximum light collecting construction with a 4-beam signal stabilising system. The total optical system uses no light beam split, simply a set of various reflectors. This double-compensating optical system is very resistant towards known influences such as dust, fog or insects frequently found in the measuring cuvette or by dirt accumulation on the optical surfaces. Due to its non-imaging construction, the measuring signal is not affected by a partial beam block.
This innovative optical system ensures that the Dräger PIR 7000 fulfils the customer requirements of ›no false alarms‹, longer service intervals and a drift-free signal output.
To support this, the Dräger PIR 7000 offers a configurable response mode which allows the end user to choose between ›normal‹ or ›high speed‹ response subject to the application. Using the ›high speed‹ option, and combining it with the lowest feasible alarm threshold, the Dräger PIR 7000 shortens the reaction time in case of an alarm. Leakages can be detected at the earliest stage of their existence.
Multiple configuration capabilities
Maximum reliability – SIL 2 certified
Furthermore, the excellent parameters as detailed in the SIL 2 (Safety Integrity Level) certificate, issued by the German TÜV show that only 2 % from the entire SIL 2 budget is allocated to the field device, thus providing flexibility to choose control systems and actuators.
This is a new understanding of reliability – not only fulfilling but exceeding the SIL 2 requirements significantly.
Dräger PIR 7000 offers
- Configurable gas library – methane, propane and ethylene fixed, up to 10 additional substances can be uploaded
- Multiple mounting and configuration capabilities (signals acc. to NAMUR NE 43)
- Precise and stable measurement
- Fastest response of less than 1 second
- Beam block warning in case of dirty optics for preventive maintenance
- Long maintenance intervals
- Extended temperature range of up to + 77 °C / + 170 °F
- Double-compensating, non-imaging optics (using 4-beam technology)
- Single cable multidrop capability using HART® communication
- Conventional 4-to-20-mA analogue signal output
- Unrestricted usage in humid atmospheres
- Hermetically sealed SS 316 L enclosure
- Integrated tag holder for individual labelling
- No moving parts
- Resistant towards shock and vibration up to 4 G
- Continuous self-testing in the context of the IEC/EN 61508 standard
- Developed and manufactured according to the SIL guidelines, SIL 2 certified by TÜV
- Ex approvals for worldwide application: ATEX, IECEx, UL, CSA
- Dust approval for zone 21 and 22
- Typical lifetime greater than 15 years